This Privacy Notice outlines how Paldımoğlu Law Firm collects, uses, processes, and transfers personal data (as defined below) in accordance with the Data Protection Law No. 6698. This Privacy Notice applies to:
- Visitors to our website,
- Contact persons for our clients and/or prospective clients,
- Individuals applying for job positions or contacting us,
- Contact persons for suppliers of goods and services to Paldımoğlu Law Firm
In this Privacy Notice, "Personal Data" refers to any information that relates to an identified or identifiable real person.
Paldımoğlu Law Firm acts as a data controller, such as in recruitment processes, communication with clients and/or prospective clients, individuals contacting us, and contact persons for suppliers of goods and services to Paldımoğlu Law Firm.
In this regard, if Paldımoğlu Law Firm processes your Personal Data as a data controller, you may refer to this Privacy Notice for information on our processing activities.
Collection of Personal Data
We may collect the following Personal Data through automated or non-automated means:
1. Identification data
Name, ID number, passport number, date of birth, or other credentials in passports, ID documents, and alike.
2. Registration data
Newsletters and events registrations including name and contact info of the subscriber.
3. Client data
Personal data relating to the clients or data received from clients and third parties such as invoices, payment history, and other documents that may be used in the legal processes.
4. Contact data
Telephone number, address, email address, and other contact details.
5. Employment data
Data provided by job applicants on our website or offline means in connection with employment opportunities.
6. Device data
IP address, devices, OSes, data linked to such devices, and data about website usage.
Processing of Personal Data
The purposes for which we collect and process your Personal Data, as well as the legal bases for such processing, are as follows:
- To render legal services, we use identification data, client data, and contact data. We process your data to fulfill our obligations.
- To manage our business operations, we use identification data, client data, and contact data. This processing is necessary to fulfill our contractual obligations with clients and suppliers based on our legitimate interests.
- To improve our website's usability, we use device data. We process such data based on our legitimate interests to monitor website usage and provide better services to users.
- To protect the security and functionality of our website and IT systems, we use contact, registration, and device data. We process such data to comply with legal obligations, safeguard against fraud and misuse, and ensure a secure user experience.
- To provide information and updates, such as events, legal alerts, and updates, we use registration data. We process this information with your explicit consent or based on our legitimate interests.
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations, such as client identification and preventing money laundering and fraud, we use identification data, registration data, and device data. We process such data to fulfill legal requirements and safeguard our legitimate interests.
Transfer of Personal Data
We may share personal data with the following categories of recipients only with your explicit consent:
- Business Partners: Paldımoğlu Law Firm collaborates with other law firms and business partners worldwide. We may share personal data with our global business partners and other law firms to provide legal services and administer our relationship with you, with your request or consent.
- Suppliers and Service Providers: We share personal data with suppliers and service providers who perform functions on our behalf and under our instructions to fulfill the purposes identified above.
- Financial Institutions: We share personal data with financial institutions for invoicing and payment purposes.
- Mandatory Disclosures and Legal Claims: We may share personal data to comply with legal obligations, court orders, and requests from regulators or government authorities.
You have control over the use of your Personal Data for information messages. If you no longer wish to receive such communications, you may contact us using the email address provided in the relevant communication or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Data Subjects' Rights
Under Article 11 of the Data Protection Law, you have the following rights regarding the processing of your Personal Data:
- To learn whether your personal data is being processed.
- If yes, to request information about the processing.
- To learn the purposes of the processing and whether your data is used for such purposes.
- To know the third parties, within or outside the country, to whom your personal data is transferred.
- To request the notification of third parties about the deletion or correction of your personal data.
- To object to negative consequences resulting from automated processing.
- To claim compensation for damages resulting from the illegal processing of your personal data.
This Privacy Notice only applies to our website. Our website may contain links to other websites, and we do not take responsibility for their privacy practices or content. If you visit a third-party website, please review their privacy policies.
Paldımoğlu Law Firm reserves the right to update this Privacy Notice at its sole discretion.